9.2.13

banana muffin recipe | san diego lifestyle photographer

This year, it has been a goal of mine to be more present.  More specifically, with my kids.  It has been so easy to say, Not right now, mama's busy, that I tend to forget when the last time was when I played with them.  I need to stop thinking about the million other things I have to do when I am with them.  Because the time I spend with them, at that moment, is the most important thing I have to do.


Last week we went to the library and found a storybook with a recipe for banana muffins.  Parker and I made them together, while Makaila taste-tested the bananas and the finished muffins.


Blue's Banana Muffins
  • 3 large bananas
  • 1-1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar.
  3. Add sour cream, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla.
  4. Mix all dry ingredients and add to mixture.
  5. Pour batter into greased muffin tins (or line with muffin cups).
  6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until muffins are golden brown and spring back to the touch.  Enjoy!
from Blue Makes Breakfast by K. Emily Hutta